On my chocolate cake post I told you I’m a chocoholic. My other addiction is shopping. As I became more of a foodie and cooking/baking lover, my addiction shifted towards kitchen shopping. I got the clue while watching Gossip Girl! Instead of drooling over THE shoes or purses, I went cuckoo when I saw Blair’s mom with all the Mauviels. So just before we moved back to Turkey for good, I went a little crazy. I could not get out of Sur la Table, Williams-Sonoma etc. I wanted all the colors and styles in Le Creuset store. I just wanted to live in Williams-Sonoma store- there was a La Cornue cooker, I could have slept in it forever. It must be great to be able to indulge in a $35-40K oven!!
So, recently with all the moving (and shopping ) and stuff I could not post here as often as I want. I made these rice crispy treats before we moved back but I did not have time to post. I love these. I love them so much that I even brought couple boxes of rice crispies with me from US in case I don’t find them here. So easy yet sooo tasty!
Chocolate Nougat Squares
1 jar (7 1/2 oz) marshmallow cream
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups rice crispies
1/2 cups almond sieves
8 oz chocolate
1/2 teaspoons salt
1) Melt and mix butter and mashmallow cream in a double boiler.
2) Add rice crispies, almond and salt to the mixture.
3) Once they are completely mixed, scrap and evenly press the mixture into a square or a rectangular pan.
4) Melt the chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
5) Scrap the chocolate evenly on the mixture.
6) Cool for an hour in fridge.
7) Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.